Friday, March 23, 2007

82/365

what is this?


Ok, this story is too funny not to share. What does this look like to you? Not the doll in the chair. The thing on the hanger. What do you think it is? Stop and answer the question. Now read on.

My mom and I went to an antique store today and saw this. We both first thought that it was shall. A really obnoxious sequined Christmas shall. Then we realized... It's a Christmas tree skirt!! We both cracked up at the thought of someone actually believing it was a shall and wearing it. Can you imagine seeing someone seriously wearing a tree skirt and not even realizing it? That thought cracked us up all afternoon. Then when we got back to her house, we showed my dad the photo and he thought it was a jacket too. Hilarious! Maybe you had to be there...

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

See, that is the kind of thing that would have me and my sisters giggling the whole time we were in the store ....

Overread said...

I thought shawl when I saw it too. Hehe

Laura Anne said...

jo(e) - we laughed all day about it! I still laugh when I think about it!

overread - awesome! you are in great company, including me. :)