Thursday, January 17, 2008

17/366

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are, the things you never want to lose."
- From the television show The Wonder Years


This is my childhood home. I lived here from 3rd grade to the age of 21. I drove by it today and got very emotional. So much of my life was spent in that house. The first window to the right of the door. I was married in that house. To think that strangers are living there and going about their lives really upsets me. This house will always be a part of me. The good and the very bad. So much of my life under one roof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see the movie "You've Got Mail"? There's a scene in the movie where the heroine says goodbye to a place where she and her mother had made so many memories. I saw the movie right around the time my dad was selling the house I grew up in, and I'm really glad I did because it made me realize I needed to go say goodbye to my house. I walked through the house remembering - sort of pulling all my memories into my heart so I could take them with me. And I guess that's the thing. You may not have the house anymore, but you'll always have the memories. *hugs*